Monday, December 14, 2015

Touch

Tattoos 

"beauty created through brutal means"
 This quote from the article reflects in me. The passage also states that the word tattoo comes from a Tahitan word Tatua meaning strike. Which I can relate too due to my one tattoo on my ankle which is a stick n poke tattoo. In other words a needle is placed in ink and then pushed into your skin to form lines. I have a stick n poke tattoo of an eyeball. This hurt greatly but to me is a form of self expression and artwork. It is a memento to me a reminder that will always be on me.

This is the stick n poke tattoo I did to myself. 

Subliminal Touch
I found this section of the writings interesting. "contact warms us even without our knowing it" This quote explains the important of touch and how it reminds us of our core animalistic roots. Touch makes us feel good and loved. The passage says "touching someone gently is like saying their first name". subliminal touch is a form of body language that repersents humanity in its purest form. 
I created a drawing of my grandfather that passed, and a poor self portrait of myself. The hand on his head reminds me of his "subliminal touch" that will always be over me. The subliminal touch repersenting the love and good feelings this man showed me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment